TERMS AND CONDITIONS
The following terms and conditions set out the basis on which all training courses and travel bookings are sold and/or made by TDS Tavel Group, The Dive Shop LLC, or The Dive Shop LLC Online, ("We", "Us", "Our", "The Company"), to and/or with the purchaser, ("You", "Your"), from Our websites ("the Site"), by telephone or in-person.
These terms and conditions,and any order form or payment instructions comprise the whole agreement between You and Us in relation to each course or travel booking we accept from you.
By making a booking via the site, over the telephone, or in-person you agree to be bound by these terms and conditions.
By making a booking you acknowledge that You have not relied on any statement, warranty or representation other than those which are made in these terms and conditions.
1. If the weather or any other circumstances beyond the control of The Company cause the course to be delayed, changed, or canceled, no liability can be accepted by the aforesaid parties for consequential loss, damage, or any expense incurred.
2. Candidates using The Company’s equipment for any course are responsible for that equipment and will be charged for any loss or damage however caused.
3. Candidates may not participate in diving activities without a satisfactorily completed medical statement and statement of understanding and assumption of risk, and E-Learning completion certificate. Any delays caused to the course by failure to complete these administrative and medical requirements will be chargeable at the current missed session rate.
4. Any non-attendance of scheduled sessions will be charged at the current missed session rate.
5. If Customers fail to meet the performance requirements on any dive or knowledge development session, at the sole discretion of the instructor, The Company reserves the right to charge for repeating that dive or session, the rate for this will be based on the current missed session rate at that time and depend on the nature of the dive or session missed.
6. Neither The company its employees or contractors can be held responsible for damage to or loss of any personal equipment caused prior to, during, or after any diving activities.
7. Classes are non-refundable and non-transferable. No-Shows will be charged a $150 rescheduling fee.
8. Any charges incurred during the course will result in the suspension of training and the withholding of certification until paid in full. The Company reserves the right to charge outstanding fees to the customer's credit/debit card.
9. At the start of the course an orientation will be given to the specific course and the requirements of that course.
10. All courses must be commenced within 12 months of the booking unless by prior agreement of The Company, courses not commenced within 12 months of booking will lose any fees paid.
11. Candidates agree to abide by the rules and decisions of The Company, its staff and subcontractors in all diver-training matters.
Course Learning agreement/induction:
TDS training courses are meant to be fun, but like any form of learning, you’ll need to invest some time and effort reading and studying. During the orientation session for your course, you will be asked to sign a learning agreement that will be similar to this statement. Your specific learning agreement may be adjusted to accommodate your specific course needs however the spirit of the agreement will be the same as outlined here.
The student will agree to study independently as specified by the instructor. In general, this means that before the assigned orientation, the student will have completed the E-Learning component of the related course.
In addition, the student agrees to:
Follow all course procedures as set forth by the instructor. Ask questions about anything not understood. Show up for all sessions on time and be prepared.
In respect of non-entry level courses, the student will be expected to maintain his/her diving skills by diving frequently between training dives. The student may be expected to complete an appropriate review with TDS Travel Group (As determined by staff) should there be a period of 1 month or greater in which the student does not dive. This review may be chargeable.
If the student arrives at class, but has failed to complete and turn in assigned work, or if the student fails to arrive on time, it may be necessary to make up the work and continue the class at a later date. The student will be responsible for any additional costs and/or inconvenience this causes. In scheduling and determining additional costs, TDS Travel Group agrees to give every reasonable consideration, as determined by TDS Travel Group, to unforeseen events, that lead to this situation.
If the student completes all course work as assigned, adheres to TDS Travel Group policies, arrives for class promptly and otherwise follows directions for learning given by the instructor, TDS Travel Group accepts responsibility for learning challenges.
Course objectives must be met and all skills mastered to the satisfaction of TDS Travel Group and PADI standards before certification will be issued. If the student fails to meet those performance requirements, at the sole discretion of staff, TDS Travel Group reserves the right to charge for any remedial training dives or sessions that the staff determine are appropriate.
The orientation will also cover the following aspects of training:
Personal Health and Safety issues relating to diving will have previously been covered in the appropriate prerequisite training courses (where applicable). Qualified Divers will be responsible for evaluating their personal diving health & safety.
Medical fitness to dive.
Course prerequisites, and entry requirements.
Use of equipment during the course and rental fees where applicable.
Responsibility for equipment, and payment for lost or damaged equipment.
Course content and fees, and the financial implications of your course, including additional charges that may arise and cancellation and rescheduling charges.
Course Schedule, requirement for attendance, and notification of non-attendance.
Equipment Rental Policy:
Neither TDS, Instructors, staff, Certifying Agency or the facility through which any equipment is provided accept any responsibility for any death, injury or other loss suffered or caused by you or resulting from your own conduct or any matter or condition under your control which amounts to your own contributory negligence, including failure to use the equipment in accordance with instructions, as a result of rental and/or use of the equipment. In the absence of any negligence or other breach of duty by the staff member(s), the facility through which this equipment is provided, the rental and/or use of the equipment is entirely at your own risk.
Neither the staff member(s), the facility through which this equipment is provided accept any liability for latent defects in the equipment of which they could not reasonably be aware.
No refunds or credits will be available for the non-use of equipment. Special arrangements may be made for dive center-sponsored events. All rentals require proof of diving certification and proof of dive within the previous 18 months.
All deposits are non-refundable. Cancellations must be received in writing 120 prior to departure and are subject to the following fees:
All payments are non-refundable
All cancellations will be must be made in writing via email
Diver insurance is required
Trip insurance is required
THE DIVE SHOP RESERVES THE RIGHT TO CANCEL ANY TRIP THAT DOES NOT MEET REQUIRED MINIMUM NUMBER OF TRAVELERS
Product Refund Policy:
TDS Travel Group does not accept returns under any circumstances. Please purchase your items carefully.